FastMPJ is an efficient Message-Passing in Java (MPJ) library for high performance support on shared memory and high-speed cluster networks (e.g., InfiniBand). FastMPJ is fully portable, as Java, providing similar performance to native MPI libraries. Development and maintenance of FastMPJ applications is highly productive, while providing low-latency intra-node communications and efficient Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) transfers through zero-copy protocols.
FastMPJ enables Java for high performance solutions, especially suitable for the financial sector, particularly in High Frequency Trading (HFT), as well as for High Performance Computing (HPC) and performance critical environments in particular in IT, Energy and Defense/Space. This software is commercialized and supported by Torus Software Solutions.
If you have used FastMPJ in your research, please cite our work using the following reference:
- Roberto R. Expósito, Sabela Ramos, Guillermo L. Taboada, Juan Touriño, Ramón Doallo. FastMPJ: a scalable and efficient Java message-passing library. Cluster Computing 17(3): 1031-1050 (2014).
- Fully portable, as Java
- Highly productive development and maintenance
- Ideal for multicore servers, cluster and cloud computing
- Shared memory using Java threads
- High-speed networks: InfiniBand, RoCE, Gemini/Aries, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Myrinet
- Java High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Efficient RDMA transfers over InfiniBand and RoCE, among others
- Scalability up to thousands of cores
- Scalable collective library with topology aware primitives
- Very low latency and high bandwidth